Friday, August 13, 2010

Goals Met!

I just got off the bicycle and have just passed the last goal that I had set for myself back in January! I did the two century rides earlier in the year and now I just went over the 5000 mile mark for the year. I still have 4 1/2 months left in the year so it will be interesting to see what the grand total is at the end of December.
I have learned a few things with all that riding. I was having a close call with assorted motor vehicles about every twenty miles or so. Lately though I have taken to using what amounts to Daytime running lights that are in use on so many cars. I don't like to add a lot of weight to my road bike, but with the Flea line of lights by Blackburn I get high intensity lights with almost no weight. They have three modes, the charge lasts for hours and they are not expensive. Since I started using them on my road rides I am amazed to report that I have had no close calls at all. I am still a bit shocked at how much difference the lights have made in daytime riding situations.
Here is the link. http://www.blackburndesign.com/lights.html

No comments: